I have spondolythesis on L5 s1 i turned down surgery 2 get healthy. I've sciatica, but have now noticed i get dizzy, nauseas & my balance isn't good?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Possible

Some people who have a lot of pain, can have a vasovagal response in which the body is trying to cope with the pain and can cause you to feel sick to your stomach, dizziness or feeling of passing out.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Not related

A lumbar spondylolisthesis can certainly cause back and leg pain, but can not directly cause dizziness, nausea, etc.
Some patients with similar conditions in their backs might take pain meds that might cause the symptoms you are describing, or it may be something completely unrelated to your back. Consider being checked. Thank you for your question.

In brief: Not related

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Jeffrey Roh
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Spondylolisthesis

Spondylo ("spine") listhesis ("slippage") is a condition that causes the vertebrae to become malaligned.
The fact that you have sciatica implies that the nerves near the segment (e.g., L5 and s1 nerve roots) are being impinged and/or irritated. Typically, sciatica can be addressed with pt, meds, and injections. The other symptoms you mentioned (nausea, dizziness, etc) are likely unrelated.

In brief: Spondylolisthesis

Dr. Jeffrey Roh
Dr. Jeffrey Roh
Dr. Vicken Poochikian