I have fibromyalgia and now high bp.I feel bloated, tired and itchy. I have been on several meds but react to most by water retention and itching. I al?

Dr. Paul Reynolds
Pain Management
In brief: Back to basics
Fibromyalgia is tough.
The best advice is exercise routinely, watch your diet, get proper sleep(without drugs) and stay positive. While the meds typically presribed can help, some like savella (milnacipran) can cause high blood pressure. There is no one perfect simple solution, unfortunately.

In brief: Back to basics
Fibromyalgia is tough.
Dr. Paul Reynolds
Dr. Paul Reynolds
Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Fibromyalgia
You are having reactions to medications.
Discuss this with your doctor to switch medications to ones that do not cause reactions. Try to get by with less medicine. Try meditation, yoga, anti-stress activities, hot baths, massage and other non medication techniques for controlling your pain. Diet is very important.

In brief: Fibromyalgia
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Peter Kurzweil