I have cerumen impacted in my ears frequently. What's the best way to avoid this?

Dr. Theodore Cole

In brief: Removal

Get a liquid ear wax removal kit, such as debrox or cerumenex, from the store.
These can be found at both pharmacies and general stores such as target. Use on a regular basis, depending on how quickly you usually build wax up.

In brief: Removal

Dr. Theodore Cole
Dr. Theodore Cole
Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: No Qtips!

First and foremost, dont use qtips! the skin in your ear canal grows towards the opening.
As it does, it takes the wax and any debri out with it. When one uses a qtip, it pushes it right back in. When you see wax on the outside of your ear, it doesn't mean it's full of wax, it means your ear is cleaning itself.

In brief: No Qtips!

Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Stop using q tips.

Compacts ear wax.

In brief: Stop using q tips.

Compacts ear wax.
Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine