I have a lump on the top of my right testicle. It's been there for ~13 years with no pain or discomfort. Could this be cancer? What should I do?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Probably not BUT!

Why wait so long? Get it examined by your urologist.
! by description, it is most likely not a cancerous process. This will depend on your age, and other factors. You may be describing a cyst on the cord, or in the epididymus or a benign structure. It can be simply anatomic confusion. My best advice is to get it checked. Why take the chance. You may need an ultrasound test to help confirm.

In brief: Probably not BUT!

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Michael Yu
Urology

In brief: Cyst

It's most likely an epididymal cyst.
Since its been there for 13+ years, the chances of it being cancer are very small. Check with your doctor for an ultrasound if you're worried.

In brief: Cyst

It's most likely an epididymal cyst.
Dr. Michael Yu
Dr. Michael Yu
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
All of the answers are good, but this is the best, and an unchanging finding is VERY unlikely to be cancer if stable for so long.
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Pathology

In brief: Why now

If it has been there for so long it is likely benign.
Why are you concerned now - did it grow or become painful? If you want a definite answer, consult a urologist, who may choose to do an ultrasound and biopsy.

In brief: Why now

Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Unlikely cancer

Probably a spermatocele/cyst of head of epididymis which is quite benign.
But, should be checked out even if there is only a remote chance of cancer. Good luck.

In brief: Unlikely cancer

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Steven Seres