If you have a bacterial infection in your vagina can that stop you from being able to concieve?

Not necessarily. If you are referring to having bacterial vaginosis, the answer is probably not. Infection can cause a hostile environment for sperm. Increased mucous, thick mucous, high or low pH and physical barriers to the sperm let along toxicity to the sperm. There are many pregnancies, however in the face of vaginal infections. Good reason to plan pregnancies and get your house in order before attempting.
Vaginitis Infertile? Vaginitis usually does not itself cause infertility. The common causes of vaginitis are localized to the vaginal tissues and do not get into the tubes. Vaginitis can be associated with other infections that can cause tubal damage, so make sure that your physician is aware of any problems. Overall, don't worry much and see a fertility specialist if you are not pregnant in 12 months.