What is the best way to stop smoking?

A tremendous desire. First you have to want to quit. Then go back to the first option! after that, set a date and do it. If you believe you will need help, there a good medicaitons to assist you. Gums, lozenges, patches, pills and adjuctive helps like hypnosis and counselling can help. But as in the beginning, you have to want to quit first. You can do it. It will be the best thing you have ever done for you.
Cold turkey. As far as quitting without any nicotine replacement, the cold turkey method is great. But plan it ahead of time. Pick a quit date in advance, maybe a meaningful date like a birthday or holiday, and gather people who are aware of your attempt that you can call upon for moral support if you start to falter. Good luck!!
Eunter an answer sum. The american cancer society has excellent support programs. Consult your provider or pharmacist regarding the use of nicoderm (nicotine patch) or nicorette.