Can Coumadin (warfarin) cause joint aches?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Anything possible
Though not listed as a serious or common complaint, it would be possible for Coumadin (warfarin) to cause some joint complaints.
It may not be the drug itself but the effect of the drug. If one were to bleed into the joint as a result of the Coumadin (warfarin) causing bleeding, then yes. But, take coumadin--joints hurt, is not a listed effect. Discuss with pcp, pharmacist or Coumadin (warfarin) manager.

In brief: Anything possible
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Not usually
In general no but since it is a blood thinner if the blood gets too thin one can bleed into a joint and get joint pain.
Otherwise I am uncertain there are any other associations.

In brief: Not usually
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology