I stand on my leg and twist my knee side to side and have extreme pain along the meniscus joint line what could that be?

Torn meniscus. A torn meniscus is usually the result of a twisting injury. Symptoms include pain along the joint, swelling, catching or locking of the knee. An MRI would most likely be the best test to diagnose.
Hard to say. There are many potential causes including a tear in you meniscus, an abnormal meniscus such as a discoid meniscus, an abnormal plica just to name a few possibilities. Usually a detailed exam and possibly an MRI can determine the cause. Thank you for the question.