Can clindamycin HCl be used to treat swollen lymph nodes?

Treats infection . Antibiotics like clindycin treat infections. Infections cause swollen lymph nodes or glands because lymph nodes make white blood cells that fight infections. Therefore antibiotics treat infections which indirectly treats lymph nodes as the infection resolves.
Yes. Swollen lymph nodes mean your immune system is activated. This is most often related to an infection. Your doctor is treating you for an infection, and if that is what is causing your lymph nodes to swell, they'll go down!