I have had this green, sticky, and smelly snot for almost a year now. I had a deviated septum surgery years back, any idea as to the problem?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Sinusitis?

You still may have difficulties with the sinuses that is contributing to the green smelly snot.
This will likely require further evaluation and possible treatment.

In brief: Sinusitis?

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management

In brief: Green snot

Green sticky and smelly snot almost always means some sort of ongoing infection.
You could have polyps. Even though you had septum surgery , the infection could be in one of the sinuses. Please see an ENT surgeon. Talk to your md about getting an MRI done to look at the sinuses.

In brief: Green snot

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Adam Smith