How can I get rid of major knee pain while playing basketball?

Depends on the cause. Depends on the cause and the reason that you are having knee pain. Main causes include patella-femoral knee pain/ tendinitis, knee oa, meniscal tears or ligamentous tears. After a physical exam and history and imaging these can be narrowed. A good start would be to strengthen the muscles around the knee, maybe use anti-inflamatories for a short time. If still not better imaging may be necessary.
Needs ortho eval. Severe knee pain during sports means you're doing harm. May be meniscus tear, cartilage problem, one of over 100 types of arthritis, ligament tear, inflamed tendon , overuse, stress fracture, tumor, infection, nerve, a hip problem, etc. Never ignore severe pain. Avoid painful activity. Nsaids, braces, heat, ice, topicals, etc only treat symptoms. You need to know cause now. See orthopedics now.