Just found out my husband has hep b I've had the vaccinations and recently got tested to make sure I was immune and I am but can I still get hep b ?

Dr. Edward Neilsen
In brief: Nope
If you've been vaccinated you should be fine.
I would recommend you both be tested for other types of hepatitis, as the risk of hep b doing any damage increases significantly when coinfected with other types.

In brief: Nope
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Unlikely, but…
The Hepatitis B Vaccine is very effective if you had the full series of shots.
However, a small percentage of those exposed may develop hep b; since you're "immune" you should be ok. But get checked for hepatitis c and others which often travel along with b in hep b + patients.

In brief: Unlikely, but…
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Steven Seres