I've had a runny nose for 3mos. Now a cough & soar throat every now & then what could this be?

Allergy or infection. The first thing that i think of when i see patients with your complaint is a chronic sinus infection. The infection is not bad enough to cause significant pain but significant enough to cause nasal irritation inflammation and other symptoms. Allergy is also a possibility. If over-the-counter antihistamines don't help then infection is more likely. See an ENT doctor for a more complete evaluation.
All runny all month? If your runny nose comes and goes too, you may have had a cold, gotten better, then had the bad luck of catching the next cold coming to your neighborhood. If it's been runny all the time without break, then talk with your doc about chronic sinus infection or allergies. What's been around the last few months? Any new animals, dust, mildew/mold, smoke/fumes? Look for clues & talk with your doc.