What treatment is recommened for herniated disks?

Dr. Ramin AmirNovin
Neurosurgery
In brief: Conservative first
Unless you have weakness or a very large disc herniation, you should try physical therapy, medications, and epidural steroid injections first and allow the disc herniation to scar away from your nerve.
Since I have not met you, i suggest you see your doctor with your films for a detailed analysis and conversation on the subject.

In brief: Conservative first
Dr. Ramin AmirNovin
Dr. Ramin AmirNovin
Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Pain Management
In brief: See pain specialist
Each person needs to be evaluated on an individual basis.
There are several treatment options available. While pain can certainly resolve on its own in several weeks, why wait. I treat aggressively to decrease inflammation, reduce pain, improve function and quality of life. See a board certified pain specialist for thorough physical exam and discussion to determine the treatment(s) best for you.

In brief: See pain specialist
Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Dr. Peter Zimmerman
Pain Management
In brief: None unless it hurts
Mris are very sensitive.
Many asymptomatic patients are found to have disc pathology. Unless you are having back or leg pain, no treatment is necessary.

In brief: None unless it hurts
Mris are very sensitive.
Dr. Peter Zimmerman
Dr. Peter Zimmerman
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management
In brief: Spine Pain Options
This chronic pain in the distribution as you suggested is the result of an irritated nerve or facet joints or other injury typically in the lumbar spine (low back) which are caused by herniated disks, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease, etc requiring further evaluation by a spine specialist and may be candidate for facet injections/radiofrequency ablation and epidural steroid injection.

In brief: Spine Pain Options
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan