What treatment is recommened for herniated disks?

Dr. Ramin AmirNovin
Neurosurgery

In brief: Conservative first

Unless you have weakness or a very large disc herniation, you should try physical therapy, medications, and epidural steroid injections first and allow the disc herniation to scar away from your nerve.
Since I have not met you, i suggest you see your doctor with your films for a detailed analysis and conversation on the subject.

In brief: Conservative first

Dr. Ramin AmirNovin
Dr. Ramin AmirNovin
Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Pain Management

In brief: See pain specialist

Each person needs to be evaluated on an individual basis.
There are several treatment options available. While pain can certainly resolve on its own in several weeks, why wait. I treat aggressively to decrease inflammation, reduce pain, improve function and quality of life. See a board certified pain specialist for thorough physical exam and discussion to determine the treatment(s) best for you.

In brief: See pain specialist

Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Dr. Peter Zimmerman
Pain Management

In brief: None unless it hurts

Mris are very sensitive.
Many asymptomatic patients are found to have disc pathology. Unless you are having back or leg pain, no treatment is necessary.

In brief: None unless it hurts

Mris are very sensitive.
Dr. Peter Zimmerman
Dr. Peter Zimmerman
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Spine Pain Options

This chronic pain in the distribution as you suggested is the result of an irritated nerve or facet joints or other injury typically in the lumbar spine (low back) which are caused by herniated disks, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease, etc requiring further evaluation by a spine specialist and may be candidate for facet injections/radiofrequency ablation and epidural steroid injection.

In brief: Spine Pain Options

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Eric Weisman