I have a lump on my hand weeks after it was hit..It is quite sore still..Should I be concerned?

Dr. Mark Deitch
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: See a hand doctor
It's hard to make a diagnosis bases on the information you have given.
If the lump is on your wrist, it may be a ganglion cyst. If it is on your hand or finger it is less likely to be a ganglion and may be a hematoma - collection of blood from a broken vein that will resolve over time. To be certain of your diagnosis, you should see a hand specialist.

In brief: See a hand doctor
Dr. Mark Deitch
Dr. Mark Deitch
Dr. John Moor
Sports Medicine
In brief: Needs ortho eval
Persistent pain and masses are bad.
May mean fracture(bone break), dislocation, hematoma, tumor, infection. You have given it a chance to spontaneously heal. Now get it evaluated by orthopedics before you create permanent injury from a remedial problem.

In brief: Needs ortho eval
Persistent pain and masses are bad.
Dr. John Moor
Dr. John Moor
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine