Why does my stomach always ache after I eat? I'm a pretty picky eater, I avoid garlic, onion, tomatoes, and such. I have to lie still afterwards?

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Stomach ache
Your stomach might ache because of any number of factors -- trying to find out 'which' factor may help.
I suggest a 'food diary' where you track type of food, portion, etc. Then maybe you can help identify what foods are causing the trouble. I often find some ginger tea or that candied ginger helps with this kind of problem. If you're overweight, you may need your gallbladder checked -see an MD

In brief: Stomach ache
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Indu Lal
In brief: Get checked
If you get abdominal pain every you eat, you need to get checked by your doctor.

In brief: Get checked
Dr. Indu Lal
Dr. Indu Lal
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery