I had ACL surgery 12 yrs ago on my left knee. At a yoga last wed, i felt a small pop in that knee and now the outside is sore. Should i be concerned?

Dr. Dann Byck
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Lateral meniscus?

Could be a lateral meniscus tear or a piece of cartilage from the end of the femur. At any rate, if it persists for more than a week seek attention from an orthopedist.

In brief: Lateral meniscus?

Dr. Dann Byck
Dr. Dann Byck
Dr. Brett Fink
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Maybe

Even knees that have never had acl reconstruction can pop.
You should be concerned if the knee continues to hurt or feels in any way unstable like it did before you had the acl injury. You should also be concerned if the knee locks or feels as if it catches repeatedly.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Brett Fink
Dr. Brett Fink
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine