What causes swelling in hands and feet?

Depends where swell. It depends if the swelling is in the joints, or the entire hand and foot is this the same in each. Most commonly the swelling in the feet is edema. There is unilateral swelling in reflex dystrophy and s3pe. If the individual joints are swollen this can suggest polyarthritis like rheuamtoid arthritis. There are a variety of other causes depnding where the swelling is and its intensity.
Lymphedema. Lymphedema can cause swelling of hands and feet. Other causes could include cardiac failure, kidney disease etc.