Which drug is best, mobic (meloxicam) or celebrax for arthritis and osteo?

Dr. Brian Le
Pain Management
In brief: NSAIDS
Meloxicam and Celebrex (celecoxib) are non steroidal anti-inflammatory medications.
They are both effective medications for arthritis. The effectiveness varies from individual to individual.

In brief: NSAIDS
Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Peter Ihle
I am a celabrex fan, but i agree with Dr Le also all NSAIDS carry the same risks.
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Both sameclass of me
Increase stroke for both cox2 inhibitors as with all nsaids they are both in the same class i doubt if there are any differences between the two tylenol (acetaminophen) is just as effective.

In brief: Both sameclass of me
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Edward Neilsen
In brief: Similar
In clinical trials they all have similar results.
However, in my experience different people do better on different meds. For example, some people tell me the Mobic (meloxicam) works better, but others say Celebrex is gentler on their stomach. You may have to try a few and see which works best for you.

In brief: Similar
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Vikram Patel