What is bone marrow edema in calcaneus without bone fracture? And how treatmen?

Trauma to the bone. Bone marrow edema is the bone respondence +to some traumatic event, not strong enough to produce a fracture but sufficient to create the bone respond.Treatment is the same than afracture that is rest and the use of a cam-walker to unload the calcaneous.
Type of fracture. A bone bruise or microtrabecular fracture can cause bone marrow edema on an mri. A few weeks of non-weight bearing is treatment. Ask your primary care physician or orthopedist. Other cause is bone infection, if there is any symptom of infection in the overlying tissues.
Bone bruise. Means swelling in the bone, usually due to stress reaction or contusion. Non wt bearing and ice is the best treatment. Nsaids if tolerated. Could take up to 6 wks to resolve.