I have noticed that right below my knee there has been some swelling. It's doesn't hurt when touched, but only when the leg is fully extended. I'm 17?

Dr. Amir Khan
Sports Medicine

In brief: See below

Pain could be due to patellar tendonitis (try knee strap) or irritated/early wear of the patella cartilage or the surface cartilage of the thigh bone that rubs against the patella (try knee sleeve with a cutout for knee cap).
Other causes could include a plica and osgood schlatters. For starters avoid stairs, knee extension machines, deep knee squats, lunges etc. Try therapy, antiinflammatories.

In brief: See below

Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Have it evaluated

Possible cause of your swelling may include sprain, bursitis, fracture, contusion, gout, but of course there are a multitude of other possibilities.
Get the knee inspected by a professional to determine the cause of the problem, as treatment varies depending on the diagnosis.

In brief: Have it evaluated

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Maritza Baez
start by seeing your family doctor
Dr. Mark Pack