I have had epiditimitis for going on 5 years now. Ibuprophen is the only relief I get. Is this a serious problem?

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management
In brief: Epidydimitis
Epidydimitis implies an inflammatory state - it is unlikely that this infalmmation has been going on for 5 years.
More than likely you had an initial inflammation and now you have chronic pain. If Ibuprofen helps then so be it. Make sure you take the Ibuprofen with meals and that you are monitoerd by your pcp.

In brief: Epidydimitis
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
In brief: Orchalgia
After 5 years, it is more likely that you are suffering from orchalgia, or chronic testicle pain.
While Ibuprofen has helped, it is possible you are having nerve based pain as well, not just inflammation. It may be helpful to see a pain specialist if you've already been to a urologist. While a troubling problem, it's not generally a sign of a more serious condition. Surgery is your last option.

In brief: Orchalgia
Dr. Robert Donato
Dr. Robert Donato
Dr. Marsha Davis