I did my progesterone test at day 4 aftet et in my IVF treatment. They were just 1.7. Is it fine or something to worry about. Please tell me. ?

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

In brief: IVF Progesterone

Progesterone (p4) levels after ivf are often confusing.
We often use vaginal Progesterone which goes directly into the uterus and then does not show up in the blood stream. Intramuscular p4 gives great blood levels but the injections hurt. We usually do not measure p4 levels when we use vaginal p4 because the numbers do not help and only cause worry - particularly if you read the internet :).

In brief: IVF Progesterone

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Mark Perloe
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Progesterone levels

We do not find it helpful to measure Progesterone as most of our patients utilize vaginal Progesterone which is taken up by the uterus and only very small amounts enter the circulation.

In brief: Progesterone levels

Dr. Mark Perloe
Dr. Mark Perloe
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham