Sir my child hemoglobin is less than 10 , and his age is 20 days so, what you suggest about blood transfusion?

Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Pathology
In brief: No
This is in the normal range for this age.
Questions to ponder are: is the child's skin yellow? Is the child feeding well and otherwise appear healthy? Some will have a minor form of blood group mismatch with their moms blood resulting in decrease of the hemoglobin levels for some weeks after birth.

In brief: No
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Scott Miller
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Depends
While 10 is a klow hemoglobin for a three week old, whether a transfusion is required depends on whether the baby is premature, why the baby is anemic (blood types?), whether there are other complications and how well the baby is responding.
Ask about the reticulocyte count and erythropoetin therapy.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Scott Miller
Dr. Scott Miller
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Not Yet
First of all, you need to determine if his hemoglobin is going up or down.
Secondly if decreasing why so! , it is, thank goodness, not a dangerous level.So continue consulting with your pediatrician.

In brief: Not Yet
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Edward Neilsen
In brief: No
I would not....This is in the range of normal for <1 month and may actually drop to the 9 range before gradually climbing over the next few years.

In brief: No
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Cindy Juster