I had a tooth pulled 3 days ago and the blood clot is about to fall out what do I need to do? Its friday evening so i can't see a dentist until monday

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Perhaps still OK

My office is open on saturdays as are many offices.
You might want to see another dentist just to be sure. Without seeing a dentist there is not much that you can do on your own. Just because you think or see the clot about ready to fall out, does not mean that it will or that there is not some clotting still present underneath. You may be just fine.

In brief: Perhaps still OK

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dentistry

In brief: Be Gentle & Careful

There's a good chance that the clot won't "fall out, " despite how it looks.
Just take it easy in that area, don't brush or swish too hard, and don't put pressure on the site. Also, avoid tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine for a few more days. If the clot is lost, it will be uncomfortable, and you'll need to see a dentist/oral surgeon on monday. Gentle, warm salt-water can be soothing. Just be careful.

In brief: Be Gentle & Careful

Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. William Forsythe