This morning they injected a steroid in me and my blood sugar is high and i don't feel good should I go to the er? It's at 202 now normally 128

Dr. Mahesh Allam

In brief: Diabetes

Normal for the blood sugar to be elevated after a steroid injection.
Drink lots of fluids (sugar free) and use a walk in clinic if blood sugar goes over 250. It may remain elevated for the next 2 days & your medications can be adjusted to correct the problem. Check with your doctor.

In brief: Diabetes

Dr. Mahesh Allam
Dr. Mahesh Allam
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Diabetes?

Do you have diabetes? If so, you need insulin, see a urgent care provider, they can watch you and your blood sugar.

In brief: Diabetes?

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Dr. Fidias De Leon
Nuclear Medicine

If you are diabetic or at risk of diabetes you should go to the er to check your electrolytes in blood.
Steroids increases blood glucose levels.

Dr. Fidias De Leon
Dr. Fidias De Leon
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine