Dry cough jaw hurts can't sleep. Now going on 1 week. ?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Possibilities...
Without a fever, this could be due to acute bronchitis of viral origin.
If so, it will run its course. Another possibillity is allergy. If you are smoking, you need to quit. See your doctor for disgnosis and treatment. The jaw discomfort is probably due to musculoskeletal etiology due to cough.

In brief: Possibilities...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. David Duhon
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine
In brief: See a doctor
I think a 9-day cough and jaw pain deserves a visit to the doctor.

In brief: See a doctor
Dr. David Duhon
Dr. David Duhon
Dr. Robert Knox
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Dry Cough
All this sounds like mouth breathing during sleep -- do you snore loudly? Are you just getting over bronchitis? Try otc cough medications with guiafenesin (robitussin).
Have someone watch your sleep. I suspect your nose is stopped up at night. See your doctor, if symptoms persist.

In brief: Dry Cough
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology