Today i had an ultrasound done that showed i had a cyst on my ovaries as well as fluid in my uterus. What could this fluid be?

Dr. David Dang
Radiology

In brief: Typicall normal

A small amount of free pelvic fluid is typically physiologic, related to menstrual cycle/ovulation.
There are other causes of abnormal pelvic fluid but they are less likely. Please follow up with your doctor.

In brief: Typicall normal

Dr. David Dang
Dr. David Dang
Dr. Paxton Daniel
Radiology

In brief: Fluid

Ovarian cysts are usually normal follicles and are of no concern unless they are larger than 7cm in your age group (then you get a follow up ultrasound after a couple of cycles).
Fluid is the uterus is most often just normal menstrual fluid.

In brief: Fluid

Dr. Paxton Daniel
Dr. Paxton Daniel
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham