When taking a new prescription for combivent (albuterol and ipratropium), (albuterol and ipratropium) do I dc my advair or take them both? Have been unable to reach the prescribing doc and need to start combivent (albuterol and ipratropium).

See below. Do not stop your advair. The combivent is what is referred to as a rescue inhaler. This is taken only when needed. Continue the advair and use combivent if you have acute shortness of breath. Continue to try and get in touch with your doctor.
Ok. The drugs are in different classes of medication. Usually patients take Combivent (albuterol and ipratropium) as a rescue inhaler along with their adviar (their maintenance inhaler).