I haven't had a period in over a yr. And I have bad anxiety. Could my anxiety cause me to not have a period?

Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: Sometimes it can.

A thorough gyn evaluation of amenorrhea extending beyond a 4 to 6 month period should be done.
Any number of medical problems can cause that and need addressed if that is the case. If the exam provides no readily identified medical disorder then a counseler evaluation for anxiety should be persued. That could lead to a psychiatric evaluation also. Certainly after a year both are "overdue".

In brief: Sometimes it can.

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Douglas Bey

After the bay of pigs hundreds of cuban women failed to mrnstruate for over a year.

Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Jane Van Dis