I have frequent sharp sore throat with tastes of blood that comes and goes within hours. I.E. My throat will feel normal after. Is this common?

In brief: No, ENT Dr can check

People normally do not have frequent sore throats with the taste of blood.
A primary care or an ENT doctor can check for causes. Maybe there is some infection/inflammation in the sinuses that occasionally is oozing some blood. Maybe there is a spot in the throat that is friable (scratches or damages easily such as after swallowing cookies or crackers). Ent doctors can see with a fiber-optic scope.

In brief: No, ENT Dr can check

Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Blood in throat

You may have a simple nose bleed, but often that does not have pain.
A viral ulcer, or worse a cancerous ulcer, may produce pain and have the faste of blood. Other issues are possible and you need to see your physician, or an ent, a specialist in lesions of the nose and throat.

In brief: Blood in throat

Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine