Is wisdom tooth removal necessary for molar crown?

Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: 2 problems

Wisdom tooth removal is unrelated to a molar crown.
However if you have a wisdom tooth that is creating a problem for the molar that needs a crown, then you need to get rid of the problem first before the crown can be done.

In brief: 2 problems

Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.
Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Often preferred

More information would be helpful.
However, let me try to guess your situation and assume that I am right. If the wisdom tooth requires removal or the fabrication of a crown on the tooth just in front of the wisdom tooth is somehow compromised due to the position of the wisdom tooth, the better way to proceed is to remove the wisdom tooth first and wait for healing of the socket.

In brief: Often preferred

More information would be helpful.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. William Forsythe