Can fungal ear infection cause lower jaw muscle pain?I got my ear pain fixed by doctor but some how the pain reached my jaw and it is swollen

Dr. Thomas Graber
Emergency Medicine

In brief: TMJ swelling

Just below your ear is a joint that allows your lower joint to open and close.
Doctors may call it the tempero-mandibular joint or TMJ for short. Swelling from your ear may have spread to your tmj, but there are other possible causes. Tmj problems can be treated, some by physicians and others by dentists.

In brief: TMJ swelling

Dr. Thomas Graber
Dr. Thomas Graber
Dr. Joseph Leon
Dentistry

In brief: Unusual problem

Fungal infections are more uncommon that bacterial or viral but the problem is they are more difficult to treat and have a high tendency to recur. There is also evidence to show they can spread to include the parotid salivary gland which runs below your ear along the side of your jaw.
It sounds like some kind of follow-up is needed and a dentist can look to rule out a tooth-based cause.

In brief: Unusual problem

Dr. Joseph Leon
Dr. Joseph Leon
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine