What is the best treatment for endometriosis?

Excision. I have to respectfully disagree with dr. Beard. While 80% of patients have pain relief while on lupron, (leuprolide) over half of all patients have a recurrence of pain within a year, some after 6 mos. Complete excision of endo can be done without removing any reproductive organs, and has a 80% chance of curing endo with no recurrence of endo. There are no hormonal side effects like Lupron (leuprolide) has.
What's your goal. Treatment while maintaining fertility- Lupron (leuprolide) is best. Average relief is 4.5 years. Surgical excision about 3 years when done by the most trained physicians. Before Lupron (leuprolide) is started i'd be sure of this as the cause. Pregnancy followed by breastfeeing shuts down endometriosis for several years if the breastfeeding is for 6 months or more. Hysterectomy with ovary removal is the permanent solution.