I quit smoking but sometimes dying to smoke...If I smoke.Once or twice a month would it be harmful?

Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Reduced smoking
Not smoking is the best.
Most consider above 5 cigarettes a day to increase the damage to the lungs, and not let the lungs heal. Less than 5 per day does not cause damage, and may allow some healing. Smoking a few per day, week or month, continues the craving for nicotine, and thus the addiction. The less you smoke the better.

In brief: Reduced smoking
Not smoking is the best.
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Smoking even one cigarette temporarily paralyzes the little hairs in your lungs affecting your ability to fight serious infections. You are exposing yourself to carbon monoxide which irreversibly bind to your red blood cells reducing oxygen for up to two weeks. No amount is safe!
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine
There is no level of smoking that is safe.
I also expect you would resume your normal smoking habits within a short time.

Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology