I am 32 and have very irregular periods witj back pain , blosting, pelvic pain and I have severe dysplasia can I request a hystetectomy my tubes r tyed?

Dr. Kevin Fleishman

You may request a hysterectomy, and indeed that may be the best option for your, however it is important first to get a full gyn evaluation.
First it is important to have a colposcopy to rule out cancer. Second it is important to get an ultrasound and some lab work to determine the cause of the irregular periods and pain. There may be another solution after that evaluation.

Dr. Kevin Fleishman
Dr. Kevin Fleishman
2 comments
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Good advice
Dr. Michael Traub
Very important to be sure there is no evidence of uterine or cervical cancer before considering a hysterectomy since that would change the exact procedure choice!
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Absolutely

As a patient you have the right to take control of your care.
And requesting an invasive procedure if it appropriate for your medical condition is perfectly reasonable. Your doctor may want certain testing beforehand to fully evaluate the cervix and or uterus. But give the brief information you provided that treatment seems reasonable, .

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Vikram Patel