I'm freaking out cuz they found my blood pressure high at my gyno yesterday and i'm only 24 yrs old should I go to the er?

Dr. Liviu Klein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: No
See your primary care doctor and recheck it a couple of times several weeks apart.
If it's truly high, he/she can discuss with you about ways to lower it with and without medications.

In brief: No
Dr. Liviu Klein
Dr. Liviu Klein
Dr. Irv Loh
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Probably not
Apprehension and fear drive blood pressures up when seeing doctors (nb: "freaking out").
Follow BP away from the office. If still persistently elevated, there are causes that occur in young patients (blood vessel and hormonal issues your doctor can explain) that can be sorted out. Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring for 24 hours will often clear this up. Regardless, high bp's easily managed.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Irv Loh
Dr. Irv Loh
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology