I was tested positive for herpes two days ago but my partner is negative and my symptoms were more like chancroid, could that be a misdiagnosis?

Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran

In brief: Not likely

Chancroid has same presentation as herpes except it causes by bacteria instead of virus like herpes.
If your doctor did culture or blood tests then it is not likeky a misdiagnosis.Call and discuss with your doctor aboput your concern.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Tran is correct. Symptoms "more like chancroid" still are most likely herpes. Chancroid is very rare in industrialized countries, maybe entirely absent except for cases acquired overseas and diagnosed after return. But more info needed: Details of your and partner's symptoms? What kind of tests did you and your parnter have (culture, PCR, blood test)?
Dr. Adam Levy