Having anxiety reading posts on net about effects of gallbladder removal...Will it cause weight gain, change my metabolism, vitamin deficiencies, ibs?

Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine

In brief: None are common

Bloggers and posts indicate the unusual experience of someone who is not satisfied.
Stick with the larger, medically reviewed websites if you are going to seek wisdom from the internet.

In brief: None are common

Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Mark Kuhnke
I agree with Dr. Alves. The belief that gallbladder removal changes the digestion of foods or causes vitamin problems is just wrong. The gallbladder is a storage vessel, not vital, especially in first world countries.You cannot "flush" gallstones from the gallbladder, but the gb should not be removed unless the stones are symptomatic.GB removal by an experienced surgeon is safe and effective.
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Good alternatives

You are right to be concerned about the effects of removing gallbladders; i believe this should be the last resort rather than initial treatment.
I've had many patients have great success with natural therapies to dissolve gallstones & flush them out of the liver/gallbladder. See http://www.Townsendletter.Com/july2011/momiracles0711.Html & the amazing liver and gallbladder flush by andreas moritz.

In brief: Good alternatives

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery