Whats the best treatment for pulmonary hypertension?

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: Debated

There are multiple medications available to treat pulmonary hypertension.
Most of these function to cause vasodilation (relaxation of the blood vessels of the lungs). It is debated which class of medications work best for pulmonary hypertension. I personally feel that combinations of medications seem to be the very best therapy.

In brief: Debated

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Charles Burger
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: PH Treatment

Fda approved treatments include oral endothelin receptor antagonists (eras), ambrisentan and bosentan; oral phosphodiesterase inhibitors, tadalafil and sildenafil; and prostanoids (iloprost, epoprostenol, and treprostinil) that can be delivered via inhalation or by intravenous or subcutaneous infusion.
The "best" treatment of pulmonary hypertension (ph) should be discussed with your doctor.

In brief: PH Treatment

Dr. Charles Burger
Dr. Charles Burger