I'm a 20 year old sound engineer, is there value in getting my ears clean? I have excellent hearing but feel like my ears could be plugged.

Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Maybe

It could be wax..
Which is easy to fix. It could be eustachian tube (tube thats connects ear to nose) dysfunction which can give you the feeling that your hearing is a bit muffled (like when you are in an airplane). The only way to know is have an md look. It can also be the start of real hearing loss. Don't be shy about having it checked since you rely on your hearing for your career!

In brief: Maybe

It could be wax..
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Andrea Brand