My diet isn't very healthy, can someone tell me what type vitamin I can take to keep me healthy?

Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: No

The solution isn't in a pill, it's to eat a healthier diet.
Your question shows that you're looking for an easy answer, one that comes out of a bottle and will not require a life style change. That answer doesn't exist. You want to be healthier? Start with what you eat, move on to how you sleep and how much you exercise. Live better and you'll be healthier.

In brief: No

Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Pathology

In brief: Exercise

Different people will tell you what a "healthy diet" is.
You would not want to hear a discussion between a militant vegetarian and a cowboy who survives entirely on lean beef, but neither has a clear health advantage just based on diet. I'd rather that you eat sensibly, avoiding the very sugary, very salty, and very greasy stuff, and find some kind of exercise that you very much enjoy doing.

In brief: Exercise

In brief: Eat more healthily!

If a person has knowledge of nutrition and has a very balanced diet, then he or she may not need to take a daily multivitamin because his foods contain enough.
I recommend each person take a multivitamin because many people don't have a truly balanced diet. Some people also need extra vitamin d, calcium, folate, omega3, etc..., depending on individual issues. Generally, there are no side effects.

In brief: Eat more healthily!

Dr. Peter Kurzweil