I think my glands are swollen on the right side of my neck. It seems to flair up often. Can it be related to my underactive thyroid?

Dr. Melissa Young
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Unlikely
By "glands", i assume you mean lymph nodes.
Hypothyroidism does not cause lymph node enlargement, but toothaches, colds, allergies - any head, neck or upper chest infection or inflammation can.

In brief: Unlikely
Dr. Melissa Young
Dr. Melissa Young
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Swollen Gland
Unless your underactive thyroid is due to an autoimmune it is not typical for thyroid hypofunction to have accompanying enlarged lymph nodes.
Sinse the lymph nodes never resolve, you may need treatment of the acute inflammation and possibly a neck ct with fine needle aspiration biopsy.

In brief: Swollen Gland
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Vicken Poochikian