I was told I have hep-c but I have no viral load do I have it?

Dr. Jordan Rush
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Not clearly

It depends on how they diagnosed hepatitis c.
There can be false positive hcv ab tests in which case you will have no viral load. They can do a test called a riba to check further. The other possibility is the rare situation of clearing the virus on your own without treatment. Either way, without the virus in your blood your risk is extremely low.

In brief: Not clearly

Dr. Jordan Rush
Dr. Jordan Rush
Dr. David Drewitz
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: No...

Chronic hepatitis c is defined by presence of the RNA virus in the blood.
If the quantitative or qualitative hcv RNA test is negative then you do not have chronic hepatitis c.

In brief: No...

Dr. David Drewitz
Dr. David Drewitz
Dr. Andrea Brand