I have extreme tooth pain with an ear infection what should I do?

Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Root canal

Lower molars that have pulp disease routinely refer the pain to the ear.
An endodontist will diagnose and treat. Extraction is an option but saving teeth is better if possible.

In brief: Root canal

Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry

In brief: See a dentist

You may think you have an ear infection but because of the nerve tract it may very well be all from your teeth.
I would strongly recommend you see a dentist soon. Likely you will need a root canal or extraction to resolve the issue completely. Most cases will not get better but worse until you finally do something so call soon, best of luck.

In brief: See a dentist

Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: 2 separate issues

and should be treated separately.
1. See your GP physician for ear infection evaluation and management. 2. See your DDS for toothache examination and treatment.

In brief: 2 separate issues

and should be treated separately.
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: DDS and MD\ENT

See a dentist to evaluate your tooth as to what is wrong and what needs to be done to make it better. How do you know you have an ear infection? Is it that it merely hurts and you assume so, or you were told that my a physician? The tooth pain and the ear pain may be related or it may be coincidental.
Only a physician after examination can tell you for sure that you have an ear infection.

In brief: DDS and MD\ENT

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Jonathan Jassey