How can I treat vaginosis?

If chronic. Vulvar care is very important. No douching, no introduction of soaps or other cleaning agents between the labia. If you have heavy or long menses taking ocp's to shorten them or getting an ablation may help. Avoid tampons, use only presservative free cotton pads, and use cotton underwear exclusively. Avoiding sugars and using a probiotic- but you may have to go through several to find yours.
Antibiotics. Oral or vaginal antibiotics will treat the initial bacterial vaginosis infection and then taking probiotics afterwards can help restore the good bacteria in the vagina to prevent a recurrence.