Side effects of dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine if you are pregnant?

Dr. Imad Khreim

In brief: NO/Yes

Amphetamines are a schedule ii , (cocaine as well), in pregnancy, they are a category c which means there is no conclusive, but there is enough evidence to suggest harm to the baby.
Like any other medication in this category, the final answer comes after a very thorough & careful evaluation of the need & the risks versus benefits , from my experience the risks outweighs the benefits. See ur dr.

In brief: NO/Yes

Dr. Imad Khreim
Dr. Imad Khreim
Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Must be careful

The side effects for pregnant women are the same for others, however, amphetamines are vase constrictors and therefore must be careful because vasoconstrictors might cause a premature separation of the placenta.

In brief: Must be careful

Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer
Dr. Eric Weisman