Is the result "left lung is overshadowed by the heart" normal in a neonate's chest x ray?

CXR. If it is a single frontal view the heart is overlying the left lung base. So behind the heart is difficult to see this is a normal finding....
Most of time. In most people including infants two thirds of cadiac or cardiothymic silhouette project on left side. There are some exceptions. This silhouette covers lower part of left lung. As long as total silhouette is not considered enlarge and no density is behind the heart then all is fine.
Typical finding. This is not an uncommon finding on a chest xray. This depends on the rotation of the neonate during the exam. The heart usually takes up a large portion of the left chest in neonate and thus obscures part of the left lung from view.