Now that I finished chemo for lymphoma, what meds can I use for RA if lymphoma was related to ten years use of remicaid?

Dr. Michael Laccheo
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Any
There is limited data to support a treatment decision in this case.
All options carry risk. Rituximab would probably be the safest choice in my opinion based only on theory and not trials.

In brief: Any
Dr. Michael Laccheo
Dr. Michael Laccheo
Dr. Angus Worthing
In brief: Ask your doctor
Agree with dr. Laccheo.
You have a complex case of ra. Less risky drugs may include non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, plaquenil, (hydroxychloroquine) and sulfasalazine. I agree that you should ask your rheumatologist and oncologist about whether to try rituximab.

In brief: Ask your doctor
Agree with dr. Laccheo.
Dr. Angus Worthing
Dr. Angus Worthing
Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: Ask your docs!
This is when your rheumatologist and your oncologist need to talk! anti-ra drugs all increase the risk of certain cancers, so you will have to balance the risks.
With RA we try to dampen the immune system, which makes you slightly more likely to develop cancer, particularly lymphoma. But you need to treat your ra! your two docs can educate each other and select the best drug for you.

In brief: Ask your docs!
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Eric Weisman