I keep getting a clear sleep out of my eye?

Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology

In brief: Sleepy Eyes

The "clear sleep" is probably mucus, which is released by the conjunctival goblet cells while you sleep.
It tends to be crusty when you wake up. Just splash some warm water on your face when you wake up and wipe gently with a clean cloth. A few drops of artificial tears, such as systane, will help your eyes feel refreshed at this point.

In brief: Sleepy Eyes

Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Ophthalmology

In brief: Dry eye

Clear discharge can be one of the signs for dry eyes.
My first level of tx is artificial tears and warm compresses.

In brief: Dry eye

Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Moonyoung Chung
Ophthalmology

In brief: Clear drainage

Common cause is blepharitis.
Try warm compresses w hot washcloth massage closed lids for several minutes, then apply baby shampoo to washcloth, clean closed lids then rinse 1-2x day.

In brief: Clear drainage

Common cause is blepharitis.
Dr. Moonyoung Chung
Dr. Moonyoung Chung